Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Let's Go Fly A Kite

It was windy on Monday and Tuesday here. And on Monday Riley asked me if we could fly a kite. I, being the great mother that I am, responded "no." I was getting ready for lessons and I just couldn't. So on Tuesday it was still windy so I thought I better be nice and take advantage and go out and fly the kite that we've had since AUGUST!


It was nice and fun! We didn't last very long, only cause it was noon and the sun was in our eyes. But the kids had a great time! and I guess everyone says that that's what counts!

Riley was content to just play with the tail of the kite!

8 comments:

Sabra said...

What a great mom! I can't get the darn things to fly!

Gabriela Hull said...

How fun!

Linsey F said...

Sounds fun for the kids...but I don't get the point...I have never flown a kite before...it seems pointless.

Unknown said...

awww...you should get her a ribbon dancer (or be ghetto and just tie a long ribbon to a baton like i did)

Amber said...

We live in wind central and we have a kite that can't be flown because it is too windy!! Looks like you guys had fun. My girls love kites as well. I guess as an adult the whole magic of the kite has worn off!

Anonymous said...

I love flying kites, I don't why I never do it anymore. Your kids look they had a blast!

Tina said...

You get lots of Great Mom points for this one....especially since you have cute pictures as proof!

Stephenie said...

I was there! Well... when you said no to Riley, lol. I'm glad they finally got to go out tho. So... comment on my blogs!!