Sunday, May 24, 2009

My grandma's funeral

As I mentioned in my only post for April, my grandma passed away on April 3rd. Edna, Griscel and I were able to go down to San Luis and be with my mom during the funeral. It was definitely interesting to see how a funeral is done in Mexico with Catholic Traditions. It was nicely done, and very fast. The cemetary portion was also very different than here in the States. I took pictures of the site (which my mom's family thought was weird and partly disrepectful, but I didn't think so.) She was buried next to her husband who had passed away in 1970. My mom had never been to his grave, so it was nice to be there with her. A lot of things went through my mind as I watched my Grandma's mourners. I am grateful for her. She was a friend to many people. You forget that Grandma's can be friends, not just my grandma or a grandma. I am grateful for the knowledge that I have that we will see her again.








I will be respectful and not post the pictures of her in her coffin.....my cousins didn't know I took those pictures.....but she looked beautiful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It’s a sweet thing that your grandma was buried beside her husband. I’m pretty sure she was happy to be beside her husband once again after being separated from him for such a long time. They can now continue their love in a different world, at a different time.

>Margo Loveless