Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Christmas Cans

Last year my friend Tia made these Christmas Cans. I thought they were soooo cool! So this year Linsey and I decided to make our own Christmas cans. It only took me a week to finish them, but they are finally done! Actually the only reason it took me a week, was because I only had two nights when I could work on them. The first night we did all of the cans. And then tonight I did the names and ribbon. So I'm glad they are done! (Actually I need to add the tag and the key.) I plan on using mine as a special treat for my kiddos. For Christmas, their christmas PJ's will be in there. For the rest of the year I will use them when I feel like it! I hope it will turn into something like "Hey...my can is out...I wonder what's in it...." You get the picture! Check out Linsey's Blog to see pictures of hers. (she may not have posted it, but she will soon)


14 comments:

Lisa Love said...

Those are amazing! So, you'll use them all year long just as surprise things for each family member? I'm trying to understand them completely. They look like something I would love to do too.

PEHNelson said...

Yes. I want them to become "exciting" when they see them. So I won't take them out too often, but if I go them a toy or a treat, I'll set it out in their room and surprise them. I also thought they would be good to use for the different holidays too, like valentines, or easter, or on their birthdays as well!

Gabriela Hull said...

Those are so cute!!! You did a great job! What a fun treat for them to find their cans throughout the year.

Brenda said...

Soooo CUTE! I made cans for my kids a few years ago and used them on Christmas Eve! I put PJ's in them also! It was fun, my kids kept their cans all year! I should have put them away for special things, that is a great idea, I love your cans!

Linsey F said...

Wow...you are so talented! He he...I like them. Especially Hunter's. The colors went better together than I thought. I like the fonts you picked too! Did you end up deco-podging the whole outside?? Can I have my stuff back now?????? :)

Tia said...

Cute did you do the whole thing on the computer? They look way smoother than mine did!

Carol Godinez said...

Those are awesome! Good work! I love them!

Chredna said...

I didn't know you were going to make them so soon. I wanted to help! They look cute!

Anonymous said...

Those are so incredibly cute! See you tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to finally see this movie!

Sabra said...

Very cute! What will you put in your can?

Amber said...

Love them! I remember seeing them on Tia's blog and wanting to make some. I am just not crafty enough, but I love the idea. Maybe someday....

Tina said...

I like the idea you have of using them year round, even more than for Christmas.

Looks like you did a really nice job on them....:)

Chredna said...

You know who else has Christmas Cans? ...Hobos. Cans of soup, cans of sardines, pork and beans. It's been a long-standing hobo tradition. What are you going to cook in yours?

Steph Kjelstrom said...

Those are way cute!! Strong work!