Wednesday, July 22, 2009

CANCUN!!!!





Paul and I were lucky enough to go down to Cancun for our BIG 10 Year Wedding Anniversary/Mother's Day/30th Birthday for me/33 Birthday for Paul/Father's Day this year! We had never been on a trip by ourselves and we had a blast!


We stayed at an all-inclusive resort called Secrets Maroma Beach and I tell you it was BEAUTIFUL!!! Paul and I are already wanting to go back there. The pictures on the website are true and exactly like it is! It was also nice and empty there because of the whole swine flu scare. So we were able to enjoy a nice quiet time at the beach and pool and restaurants. Nothing was crowded!!


The food was magnificent! The 24 hour room service was awesome. The view was great! The ocean was warm!!!! I actually walked right into the water! None of this tip-toeing in trying to catch your breath like in San Diego. The beaches were white!


BEAUTIFUL I SAY!


So I'll just post some pictures now!



View from our room!


View from the lobby!

Our Hotel was surrounded by jungle! Apparently there is a panther living in there!


Our Room!

The Beach!!!




Yes it was that empty!!!








We visited the ruins at Tulum


The Beach at Tulum



Home Sweet Home!



Plumerias!


We saw a ton of these!!! We went to Xel-Ha and did some snorkeling there. We saw some "dory" fish, tuna and a sting-ray! We haven't developed the film from our underwater camera yet...hey where is that underwwater camera?!?!?!?!


Shopping at Playa del Carmen. Basically a glorified Algodones. We weren't impressed only because we've already seen it all.



See those buildings surrounded by the clouds right in the middle of the picture..that's our resort!! See you next year Secrets Maroma Beach!
okay maybe not next year..but hopefully soon!!!

4 comments:

Angie said...

We went to Cancun on our honeymoon and loved it! Your room looked like ours, and we went to Tulum, Xel-ha, and Playa also. The beach at Tulum is an image I will forever have in my mind. BEAUTIFUL!

JasonDebbie said...

wow! So beautiful! We went in 2001 when we were poor lonely married students still and didnt go to any ruins or cool stuff like that--I regret it like nothing else! I really want to go back and see everything sometime soon. But I DID see the beach and you are right, it is gorgeous!

Steph Kjelstrom said...

OOOooooo! that looks way cool, makes me want to get down there.

Tina said...

I'm glad you finally got to have a trip for two. Your pictures are just beautiful!