Thursday, July 23, 2009

Into the Woods




Back in February I auditioned for "Into the Woods." I was offered a role, but decided to turn it down due to being so busy with Young Women's stuff and just life in general. Paul was still in season, I was giving piano lessons and getting ready for Youth Conference and Girls Camp. Not to mention that the production would be the weekend before I would leave for Girls Camp!!! Talk about crazy!! I was really really sad that I wouldn't be performing in "Into the Woods" because I had done it at Yuma High School "back in 1996" (ahhhhh) and have loved the music ever since!


So the day before Paul and I left for Cancun, I got a call from their director offering me a part!! They had had something come up and were in need of Cinderella's Stepmother. I said yes!!!! I was able to get the best of both worlds!!! (Sorry rest of the cast!) I didn't have to do rehearsals since FEBRUARY! I just had to put in TWO WEEKS of my time! The problem was still Girls Camp...so I tried to get myself in gear and not procrastinate so that I could get all of my stuff done.


It was a crazy two weeks! The week of the production I left my house at 4pm and didn't get home until Midnight!! But it was great fun! It was fun to put on a costume, wear a wig, and sing!! It was fun to make new friendships and strengthen old ones!


Thanks again Desert Pointe Proudctions for letting me be a part of your show!!!


I was exhausted on Saturday Night...but had to keep going cause I would be leaving for camp on MONDAY!!!!

2 comments:

Tia said...

oh so fun!! Wish i could have seen you i had to look closely thought that might have been a picture of us way back when!

Tina said...

No wonder I didn't know you were in it until I went to it. You joined the cast late! You were great.

We wanted to make a joke sometime at camp about cutting off parts of feet, but it never really worked out.