Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Well we had our Easter Egg Hunt this morning. We have 1:00 church, so we decided to do it in the morning while it was cool. (Isn't sad that we're already thinking its hot and it's not even April yet!!) The kids had a great time decorating the eggs and picking which stickers they could put on them. Then Paul went and hid them. We went out and looked for the eggs. Rilely was so funny because she didn't want to try and look for them, she wanted Paul to lead her to each egg and then yell out "I found the egg." Oh she's so silly. Taylor was just having fun sitting on my lap and shaking a plastic egg filled with skittles. Hunter of course was taking this very seriously and was making sure to find each of the eggs in a timely fashion.

And what Easter would be complete without this story:

A few years ago my sisters were in town for Easter and we decided to do an Easter Egg Hunt. Gabby is sort of against Easter Egg Hunts on Sunday because it takes away from the real meaning of Easter and she didn't want her kids thinking there was an Easter bunny...blah blah blah. So we said "you're dumb" (ok not like that but you know) and went ahead with doing an Egg Hunt for the kiddos. So in the meantime...somewhere we found some stickers of the Savior, you know the kind that you get in Primary for being reverent, and Edna decided to to put in on one of the eggs so that the one who found the "Jesus Egg" would get something...I can't remember what right now. So of course we are being borderline irreverent now. So then we started thinking of things and words that were Gospel related and egg related. I can't for the life of me think of any of those right now...but I just know that we were laughing... A LOT!!!! Finally Edna says...."Alpha and Om-egg-a." That was just a little too much!

5 comments:

The McEwen Family said...

the kids looks so cute egg hunting!! Hope you had a great Easter day!!

Angela said...

LOL. You guys are too funny! Cute Easter pictures. I know, it's so crazy that it's in the 90's already! I'm not ready for summer!!

Chredna said...

Don't forget the Mesia-egg. Man I never laughed so hard! Wish we could've done an egg hunt together. Love ya.

Tia said...

Oh I love that it's getting hot at your house because finally yes finally the snow has melted and the weather is beautiful! We so deserve it!!

Gabriela Hull said...

So thanks for the warning that you were going to talk about my great affection for Easter Egg Hunts! For the record, the Easter Bunny was never a big deal growing up so I never really understood it. Are kids really supposed to believe he exists?!? I don't get it. I'm not entirely against searching for eggs. I search for a lot of things during the year. It's just kind of nice to not have to worry about having to get "stuff" for Easter. (I'm sure that would change if I had a little girl to dress up in a beautiful dress while she held a basket searching for eggs in a meadow....)
Love ya!
Gabby