Sunday, March 23, 2008

Hunter Nelson Pablo Jedi New York Yankees Jeter #2

Ok so my son Hunter is crazy. I can't describe him any other way. But why do I act surprised. Do I not know his mother? HELLLOOOO!!! So I've been thinking a lot about my kids and how they are each so different and so their own person. So here's a little something about Hunter.

Hunter had his first Track and Field day at school and had a great time!!! He was so ready to wear his hat and sunscreen and take his water bottle to school. He was I might add mad at his mom because she didn't take orange slices to school like the teachers had asked. **To my own defense, I'm lucky I remembered to send his water bottle at the rate I was going!**




Here's some pictures of Hunter at Track and Field Day:


So after a great day at Track and Field Day he came home with this:




He got a 5th place for the Crab Crawl Race, a 2nd for the Potato Sack Race, a 1st Place for the Tug of War (his class) and a 1st Place for the 50 yard dash. He's so crazy! So he had a great time!


We then had parent teacher conferences this last week as well and Paul and I went waiting to see how our son was doing. Much to our surprise he doing very well in class. His teacher says that he is doing well in all of his subjects. Is reading and writing very well. She even placed him with some of the kids who struggle a little bit (one of which is barely learning English) so that he can help them and be a good example. All the while Paul and I are thinking "Who are you talking about!!!!?!??!?!" I even asked her "SO....he never loses his patience in class and throws fits?" And she told me never! He always does what he is asked to do and is quiet and is a great student! WHY DON'T I GET TO SEE THIS!!!! Mrs. Logston asks me "Does he throw fits and lose his patience at home?" And I'm like...UH HUH!!! So apparently I have a wonderful hardworking, listens to instructions, patient, helpful son only during the hours of 8:15 am - 3:05. Any time after that he does cries if I ask him to clean his room, must have everything repeated 3 times before he understands you, and lets his little sister get on his nerves for any little thing. (he especially likes it when she tells him that she is the boss....that's a great one!)

But regardless of any of that...We love him very much! Hunter was gone for two days to Disneyland with his Nana and Tata and cousins...and it was definitely bittersweet to have him gone. It was kind of nice to go back to only have two children. But it was so sad to not hear him say his silly things that he says and have him helping with Taylor or the fact that he just runs up to me and tell me that he loves me. But then I didn't miss at all the instant meltdowns and the having to wake up to make his lunch to take him to school.......

3 comments:

The McEwen Family said...

how cute is he with his awards! Great job Hunter! But aaahhh the dreaded track and field day i HATED track and field day!!!

Angela said...

Cute! I don't think our school gives out awards on T&F day. Or maybe my kids just never got any! lol. It is bittersweet when your kids are away! It was so quiet around here when my folks took the 3 older kids to Disney on Ice. Crazy. Aren't PT Conferences fun? You learn such interesting things about your kids, how patient and kind and obedient they can be! :) Don't worry, you're not the only one to raise your eyebrows!!

Unknown said...

What school is Hunter attending? He is sure getting so big. And you are so not alone in the eyebrow raising department. Tabitha is apparently an angel while at school, could'a fooled me 'cause at home she can be a holy terror!