Thursday, June 12, 2008

This was on my floor!!!

Ok I know this is gross...but this is what I swept up on my kitchen floor today. Now I haven't swept since Tuesday...not that it makes it any better. But really, I could feed a starving family with what I find on my floor on a weekly basis. I always joke as I put my dustpan full of crap in the trash that I am making my donation to some third world country. Does anyone else's floor get that dirty? Now in my defense......I have a one year old...and you KNOW they don't keep their food on their high chair tray. AND Secondly....Ryan and Reagan were over on Wednesday morning and if anyone has seen Reagan eat...you know that a lot of it ends up on the floor/table/chair/legs/shirt. So I know I could eliminate the amount of crap on my floor if I just swept after every meal...but I HATE TO SWEEP! I'm a mopper. When Edna and I shared a room growing up, it was the only room with tile in it...she swept, I mopped. Even the kitchen, she swept, I mopped. So as inventory....there is a chicken nugget, a plastic fork, a post it, a water bottle cap, a wrapper to something I'm not sure what, french fries, toast crusts, cheetos, ritz crackers, pepperoni, gum wrapper, and endless crumbs of all kinds, oh and some dirt too! So now that I've grossed everyone out....I'm gonna go sweep again!

5 comments:

Gabriela Hull said...

That's funny. I remember last Thursday we swept after dinner and I cleaned the kitchen and everything and the next day by noon my swept up pile looked just like yours. How is it possible?! I'm sure it's because Blake swept Thursday evening and he didn't get it all...yeah, that's it.

Amber said...

That is what my sweep pile looks like and I sweep at least once a day (sometimes twice if Claire has toast, crackers or something crumbly). I love sweeping and HATE mopping. If I told you how often I mopped you would be disgusted! I just hate it. I even tried those Clorox Ready Mop things and that made me hate it even more, because I spent the time to mop and it didn't even get the floor clean. UGGHH!!

Linsey F said...

I hate sweeping and mopping so what does that tell you about my floor. I would pay someone just to do my floors! But don't worry about it, we'll all have clean floors when our kids move out!

Rupa said...

chicken nuggets? pepperoni? fries?...um, so maybe this is just the public health side of me but omg ericka, my arteries hurt just reading that =) on the upside, i think your pile only looks like that because of your children, not you..i have no children, and i could sweep once a month if i wanted and all I would get would be some dirt and dust, but don't worry, in less than 18 years all your children will be away at college and your piles will once again just be dust =)

leinbachfamily said...

I'm so glad to see your pile. I'm not the only one! I have no carpet downstairs so when I sweep it always is a huge pile. I think the grossest I've found is a half eaten corndog under my couch (rock hard).