Tuesday, June 24, 2008

What's wrong with this picture?


I'll tell you what's wrong with it. It's almost empty. And you know why it's almost empty? I'll tell you why. Because I eat them like sunflower seeds. I put a few in my mouth. Get all the sugar chewy sweetness, spit it out, and then put a few more. My kids have had a few as well but not nearly as many as I have...not even close.


And you know who I learned this very classy habit from.....MY MOM!!!!! She always has a bucket of gumballs at her house and my kids know that when they go to Nana's house she'll give them gumballs. So I told her that I'd buy her a bucket because my kids are always taking from her. And she laughs and proceeds to tell me that SHE eats them all. That's right. She sits down WITH the bucket when she watches some TV, puts one at a time in her mouth until it loses it's flavor, then adds another one. She says she'll have like 50 in her mouth at one time. Then when she can't chew it anymore, she throws it away and starts over!!!!!


Ok but here's how sad this really is! I opened that bucket on June 15. That's right people. 10 days. Now in my defense (yeah whatever) I took a sandwich baggy FULL of gumballs to Disneyland and my sisters also ate some with me....but yeah 10 days. CRAZY!!!!
Just FYI - I finished the bucket today at 10:00pm. Just five hours later after I posted this.

4 comments:

Gabriela Hull said...

"Hay que dulce!"

Amber said...

You are completely normal! My husband bought me my own gum ball machine for Christmas years before we had kids because he knew how much I love them and thought it would be a good way to force me to save money. Problem is, the top unscrews and you can steal the gum balls w/out paying :) Let's just say they didn't last longer than a week. Yeah for gum balls! My favorite are the big ones from real gum ball machines that are nice and soft. But at $25 a pop, way too expensive for me!!

ekarla14 said...

You forgot to inform everyone that the bag of gum for Disney was in fact demolished by yes...YOU...You only really let us have a few pieces!!!! But I like to do it too!!!!

Chredna said...

I must say that I thought this was a disgusting habit at first, but I tried it...and I can see how it's addicting. NO MORE!!