Sunday, January 6, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

They say you're more apt to keeping your resolutions if you write them down. So let's see if that's true! So here are mine...of course there are the normal ones, but I also hope so helpful ones for me and my family!

Physical Goals: Lose 15 pounds so that I can finally get my new wardrobe!

Spiritual Goals: Finish my Personal Progress finally! Read the Book of Mormon! And do better about attending Church - not just being in the building! (I go every Sunday....I just need to WANT to go to Sunday School and Relief Society! - of course my first Sunday this year I had to play the piano in primary and Relief Society!) I want to actually read all of the Lessons in the Teaching of the Prophet Joseph Smith! I want to listen and read ALL of the General Conference Talks! I want to strengthen my testimony!

Temporal Goals: I really want to work on my Food Storage! I want to work on being a better Mother! Spending more quality time with my babies - playing with them! I want to keep a cleaner more organized house! I want to wash a load of laundry every day so that I don't have to do marathon loads on Saturday! I want to do my job right at school. I want to fulfill my callings to the best of my ability! I want to be a good wife! I want to keep a budget! (I hate budgets!!!) I WANT TO CLEAN MY OFFICE!!!

So that's about what I want for this year! It sounds very similar to other years, but I have a completely different attitude about it this year! It seems that with each baby I have the more I feel that I am behind in everything! I need to catch up! I just need to DO it, instead of saying that I am going to! So feel free to hold me accountable to what I'm saying! What are you resolutions!?!?!?!

3 comments:

Gabriela Hull said...

great resolutions! I will hold you accountable...just don't ask me how I'm doing! (Just kidding...I actually did laundry today and folded it AND put it away!)

Sabra said...

Nice goals! I'm proud of you for actually putting them on your blog, so you are forced to be accountable! Word is out what you are trying to do, so I'm going to nag you about the goals each time I see you!

lemmondrop.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow, where will those 15 pounds come from girl????? Great goals, I have a few similar ones.