Monday, April 7, 2008

I can't believe I'm admitting this....

I've done it...I can't believe that I finally did this. I'm almost ashmed of myself.....I read "Twilight!" Now first let me say that I LOVED the book! I've had the book in my posession for about a year and a half and I just never read it. First of all -- vampires??? I mean come on! And second of all I didn't want to jump on the bandwagon! And thirdly - I'm not allowed to read unless I have certain things in order in my life and I was not there yet!!! (I'm not kidding when I say I'm not allowed to read.....I ignore EVERYONE and EVERYTHING while I read so I have to make sure I have certain things done before I disappear for a couple of days!)


Ok so as I was packing for Hawaii I saw the "Twilight" book in my office and I was like "ok I'll take it in case I have time to read..or while I'm tanning on the beach" So yeah in my "spare" time in Hawaii...I read the whole book!!!!! There was no spare time....but I somehow managed to read it ALL!!!! My students couldn't believe that I started and finished a book!



It was soooo good.. And hello...I want to be a vampire.....or at least love a vampire.....I know.... what if Harry Potter was as vampire!!!! Holy Cow....OVERLOAD!!!!!!!! So luckily my April isn't as jam-packed as March and February were so I may have to start the next book...I only hope it is as good as the first! So I jumped on the bandwagon.....anyone else care to join!?!?!?

8 comments:

Gabriela Hull said...

I'm going to request the books from the library today. I never request books I just go and buy them but I decided to use my library. I somehow feel like a good citizen. (Don't ask me why...)I 'll let you know if I like the book.

Steph Kjelstrom said...

Welcome to the wagon Ericka! Brooke and I have read them and both loved them. I think the first one was my favorite, but definitely read the others.

Chredna said...

I'll just wait for the movie! Just Kidding. I've been wanting to read those books. The author is LDS did you know? She came up with the story from a dream she had one night. Let me borrow it next!

Sabra said...

Bobby and I feel obligated to convert the world to these books! We have lent them to so many people. It's just ridiculous. They are out right now as I type this post. We plan to have a premier party for all the fans, so I'll keep you posted! I thought I was so above these books, but I really enjoyed them all! The third is the best! Can't wait till August for the next installment!

Angela said...

I have to agree with Sabra. They just get better and better! I'm glad you finally are reading them. I told you! :) I just got New Moon back, so if you need to borrow it, let me know! Also go to www.stepheniemeyer.com and read the chapter she's posted of Bella's first day of school from Edward's point of view, it's called Midnight Sun. So cool!

Griscel and Erik said...

how weird is it that you're reading a book that we own that isn't harry potter?!?!?!?!? I havent' read it yet but Erik has and he said it was really good. Aimee got us into it and she totally loved them all. i've been trying to finish The Prestige but its pretty hard for me to read with Noah. anyway, love you!

Gabriela Hull said...

Ok..here's my update. After requesting the book at the library I found out I was 39 in line. So then the dilema for a few days...do I wait...do I just buy the book...but what about trying to be frugal and resourceful...So I bought the book Tuesday night and started reading it after watching American Idol. I finished this morning!! I would have finished it yesterday but I have 4 children who really do have needs! (Joshua doesn't know how to change his own diaper apparently and Jacob doesn't know how to change it for him) Now, my dilema for the next book....I'm 6th in line but do I wait? I really can't have another few days of doing nothing but reading!! But you know I'll just go get it.

Tia said...

OH thats funny I read the first one on the plane to Hawaii and finished it!! Yes Edna needs to read them all too, they are addicting the 3rd kinda got old to me!