Thursday, April 17, 2008

Family Pictures

Well like I said in a earlier post we had our family pictures done this past Saturday. It was fun! That is of course once we were actually getting our pictures taken. But first a big thanks to Megan Holdsworth for doing our pictures!!! It was a lot of fun and I can't wait to see them!!! Yipee!! For those of you who don't know who Megan is here are her websites: http://www.holdsworthphotography.com/ and http://www.megaphotoblog.blogspot.com/. Check her out she is awesome!
**Update.....Megan posted on her blog a few sample pictures of our session. Check them out on megaphotoblog.blogspot.com ****

Ok so back to our pictures. So I scheduled our pictures back in February I think. You would have thought that I would have been way prepared for this day, but NOOOOO! I didn't pick outfits until the day before...and I still made changes up until we got out of the car and I asked Megan if the dress that Riley had on was ok. So I originally wanted to do black and denim because of a certain pair of shoes that I wanted to wear. But no one had black!!!! It was weird!!!! So then Megan suggested we do Red and denim....and then that turned to red and denim and then I switched to a more wine color because of the colors in my living room. Then I was going to do wine, black, and denim. Then wine, black and kahki. SO finally after visiting Target, Kohls, Mervyns, JC Penny, Dillards, Sears, Marshall's, Ross, Children's Place, Old Navy, and visiting more websites.....we ended up with Wine, Chocolate and Kahki. Yeah! So it was hard to find stuff for the girls just in chocolate because everyone has it paired with aqua or pink, but I didn't want that. But I figured it out. Also Taylor went barefoot because I couldn't find any cute little brown sandals....too bad i didn't need silver glitter ones, or pink plaid ones because there were plenty of those...but no brown sandals! I did borrow some from Angie...but they were a little big and she just kept trying to take them off.....so we just did take them off!

But once we were at the acutal location taking pictures it was fun. Riley only had two really small shy moments, but Megan did a great job getting her to just calm down and have fun. Hunter of course was a ham and wanted to be in all of the pictures. Paul was a good sport and even kissed me during the photo shoot. Even Taylor was a cutie and smiled! So now the only problem will be me!!! Let's hope for the best!

Thanks again Megan!!!

4 comments:

Angela said...

I'm glad everything worked out finally, sorry about the shoes! Your kids are just so dang tiny! :) Can't wait to see them. I love Megan's work!!

Tia said...

Oh you got nothing on our shoot with her. Carter was hitting her if I remember correctly it was awful but somehow she makes it look like it was all a breeze!

Gabriela Hull said...

Ericka,
Your pictures look so good. And contrary to Panduro beliefs, you turned out looking photogenic!
Love you!

Amber said...

Wow. Those pictures look amazing. You will have to post the rest when she gets them to you because they rock. You all look so beautiful. I'm so sad I live so flippin far away or I would hire her in a heartbeat!