Sunday, April 6, 2008

Paul loves flowers more than me


Ok so I hate to go places with Paul that have nice landscaping. He loves nice landscaping....like makes him mad/jealous to see nice landscaping and he can't have it. Now I think he does a great job keeping our grass green and our flowers growing, but he is never content. It's a never ending story with him and with our front and back yards. I just say "whatever." For instance, I hate going to Disneyland with him because he wants our flower beds to look like theirs. I don't like going to the Temple Grounds because of the same reason. Actually California in general sucks because they can grow pretty much anything there like weeds. So it was no different in Hawaii. Paul's newest obsession lately has been the Plumeria tree. Well in Yuma its mostly a dwarf tree maybe 5 or 6 feet tall is all. Our neighbor has one of the bigger ones we've seen in yuma, and I have to convince paul daily not to go over there and chop it down (ok not really, but you know!) So of course the first thing we see when we get to Hawaii are plumeria trees. Ok the airport is full of them. And when I say Plumeria Trees I mean TREES! 25 - 30 foot trees! PAUL IS ANGRY!!! So that's what I got to hear the whole week in Hawaii! Blah Blah Blah! So I took this picture for him at the temple grounds of a hibiscus flower. They are huge. Also something he would love to grow here! But I still love him....even though he loves flowers more than me!


1 comment:

Steph Kjelstrom said...

That's funny! he's turning into Uncle Tom who likes to go the San Diego Zoo to look at the plants.