Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Bag Ladies!

This past Friday night, my sisters and I and Linsey got together to make these tote bags! It was way fun. We started at 9:15 and didn't finish until 5am!!! But we had a great time and a blast! You should read Linsey's post at http://fararside.blogspot.com/ about her bag...it made me laugh. But here are a few pictures and then the results.


We turned my family room into a sewing room. Here is Edna cutting her fabric.


Here is my mom double checking Edna and Gabby's cuts. Linsey's laughing at them.


Here is Griscel waiting for further details.... You can see we even had a dry erase board propped up on my TV so that we could see what pieces we needed to cut.


Linsey sewing!!!! Edna watching so attentively!


My mom helping us all out! And Gabby trying hard not to mess up!


This is Linsey's bag! I loved it so much, I went out and got the exact fabric to make this bag again! Well actually, my mom made it for me!
This is Edna's bag! SO CUTE!!!


This is Griscel's bag. I also got the more of the same fabric to make this bag too. Actually I had picked out this fabric already, but Griscel didn't have time to go to the store to get her fabric so I let her have mine....then I got really jealous that her bag came out so cute with the fabric I picked out (well Linsey and I picked out) that I went and got more! I know...I'm so dumb! But it's a good kind of jealous.....right?!?!?!!?

This is Gabby's bag! SO SO SO CUTE! I am really into damask right now so I LOVE IT!

This is my bag. I like it a lot...but I don't know what it is about it that makes me think twice......

This is also my bag that my mom made for me. I had bought three sets of fabric and I couldn't make up my mind which I wanted to make first. Well I did the pink one first and Griscel made the blue one. So later my mom did the last of the fabrics. I also really really like this one!

There are still 2 bags missing from this post. My mom's - which will be SUPER SUPER CUTE...because it's a damask with some red accents! I can't wait to see it. And Karla's bag which is brown and very retro-ish. That one's done, but I don't have pictures of it yet. It's a funny story because Gabby and I both thought that Karla would really like this fabric. Well once I bought it and we were looking at it, we wondered if she would really actually like it. So I sent her pictures of Griscel's bag, Linsey's bag and the modern fabric to see which one she would like....and.....she picked the fabric that we had originally intended for her!!!!! CRAZY!!!

So I'll get pictures of the last bags and post them later!!!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Holy cow these are AMAZING! I am jealous of all of them!!! I can't decide which one is my favorite. I would ask for the info on how to make them, but the fact that it took you guys until 5am to finish makes me a bit afraid!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow those are so dang cute, I wish I knew how to sew. I have a machine, I just don't know how to use it. You girls will be styling with those trendy bags!

Linsey F said...

We are so dang awesome...let's make something else!

Brenda said...

Wow, I love the bags! We made bags in Young Womens! They are so fun to make! Your bags are very cute!!!