Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Homemakin' Mama!

Remember when I made those really "nice looking" chocolate chip cookies. Well I decided to be a part of the "Redeem Team" and try again and go for the gold! Ok that was way lame and the Olympics are over...so even lamer! (is that a word)

My friend Amber sent me her recipe of Chocolate Chip Cookies - which I guess is famous in Idaho - and I made those!

Now in defense of my sister's chocolate chip cookie recipe....I'm sure they would have come out fine if I had indeed added the baking soda AND the right amount of flour!!!


So apparently making Chocolate Chip Cookies on Thursday wasn't enough to satisfy my sweet tooth, because on Monday I made more stuff. My friend Ami on her Christmas plates had made these delicious peanut butter corn flake deals! I LOVE THEM! I've made them several times since then and I decided I needed more! This is one of those treats where you go....peanut butter - good! corn flakes - good!
This is one of those recipes that is really really simple, but just takes a little time. Kind of like Rice Krispy Treats...until I figured out I could used the microwave!!!! But it's the same idea.
Here is the recipe:
1 c sugar
1 c light Karo Syrup
1 c peanut butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
6 c corn flakes - I like to use about 8 cups because then they aren't soooo gooey.
So you bring to a slow boil everything but the Corn flakes, making sure that the Peanut Butter is all dissolved (i know that's not the right word - but I didn't think melted was either) and there is a very smooth consistency. But be careful....a slow boil and burnt peanut butter happen very fast! Once you really start to smell the peanuts, take it off the burner. Then in your separate bowl where your corn flakes are, pour the peanut butter mixture over corn flakes. Stir well to get an even coating over all corn flakes.
Now you have two options. As you can see I opted for the small bunches. It makes it go way farther but is a little time consuming. Or you can go the Rice krispy treat method and spread it evenly into a pan or a cookie sheet and then cut later. I only spread it into a cookie sheet when I'm not sharing and I just pull off how ever much i want to eat!!!! LOL! But they are really good and if it's the holidays you can tell your kids that it's Reindeer Food or something cheesy like that!
And last but not least...considering I still have Chocolate chip cookies and Reindeer Food (uhkkay) left in my house....not to mention some Cookie dough in the fridge...and I won't even begin to tell you how much ice cream I have in my house.....This is what I came home from Wal-Mart last night with......Really, ericka? really!!!?!??!

7 comments:

Linsey F said...

Thats great and all...but you didn't give us the COOKIE recipe!!!! BTW if I lived at your house, you would have to roll me out the door with all that
"juuuunk" around!

Anonymous said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. That is all I have to say about that!

leinbachfamily said...

Are you about to start your period? I get crazy with the treats when I am. I gonna try those look delicious

Tina said...

I think "lamer" is a word...and I'm sure I have proved it a time or two.

The cookies look too good!

Patrick and Jennifer Thompson said...

MMMMMMMMM we need to come to your house!!!

Amber said...

Much prettier cookies (and hopefully they tasted great too!). When we lived in Yuma my mom used to make those cornflake cookies all the time. Gaylyn even asked me for the recipe when we got back in touch last year because she loved them so much. They are the best (and yes, sooo easy)!

Steph Kjelstrom said...

your post made me hungry..I have a sweet tooth too but not as much as you I'm afraid!