Friday, September 5, 2008

Open House

Last Friday we had the chance to go to Hunter's 1st Grade Open House. It was nice to meet his teacher Miss Preston, who by the way graduated from Cibola in 1998! She is really nice and turns out Paul knows her older brother!

But back to Hunter......He had a good time showing us around his classroom. And messing around with his friends. Miss Preston told us that Hunter is smart and such a good boy in class and that she never has to worry about him. She also said that when she has children she hopes they are all like Hunter!

Ok PAUSE!!!

Who are you talking about?!?!! His Kindergarten Teacher would say the same things about this mystery child that only exists between 8:20 and 3:05. Now I guess I should give Hunter some credit. He is a WONDERFUL boy! We love him whole bunches! He's silly and crazy, just like me, and is a huge help to me all the time. His sisters love him and they get along great (well...there are always some moments, but who doesn't have those!) BUT.....he throws fits and cries about silly things and get angry (just like his dad) when he doesn't win. Just normal 6 year old boy stuff.

So again I asked his teacher...."So you're telling me he never ____________?"
fill in the blank with
a. cries
b. throws a fit
c. gets mad
d. all of the above

She nicely responds that " no he never does!" So I guess I'm just grateful that he knows how to behave at school. Did I mention that she also said that even last year when she was having a bad morning she would find Hunter at lunch and talk to him because he would always have a story or say something that would make her smile! WHAT!?!!!?

Well we left (not before looking at the turtles. The School has two desert tortoises) And Paul and I decided that we should give Hunter a little more credit and not act so surprised when his teachers tell us how wonderful he is in class. We're grateful that he knows when to behave and when its ok to throw a fit if needed. Hey...even I need to throw a fit if needed....and anytime I throw a fit IT'S NEEDED!!!!


Hunter and two of his buddies. Notice how short he is!!! Now the blond hair boy has tall parents so you know.....but sorry Hunter! We're short!
His Hot-Air balloon


And this is what Riley will look like on her first day of School! Can't wait!

4 comments:

Gabriela Hull said...

I love Riley! Hunter is so funny. He is a sweet boy. I love that he is always willing to give me a hug. Sometimes I don't get that from some of my boys!

Tina said...

I had conversations almost exactly like this when my son started school.

I figured he behaved all day, and had to come home and unleash the energy he had contained all day. Like you, I decided to be grateful that he was at least good at school.

Garcias said...

Hunter is such a good boy. I can't believe he's in first grade already! Where did the time go?

Anonymous said...

Love that last pict of Riley. Skyler;s teachers tell me the same things about Skyler and I always feel the same way you do. Wish he'd act like that for me more often.