Saturday, January 10, 2009

Craft Project


Before Linsey had her baby, she and I picked something we wanted to get done. She wanted to do a Car Seat Cover and I wanted to do a topiary tree. So I made her car seat cover and she made my topiary tree. We brought all of our supplies and got to work! Linsey punched all of the circles out and individually glued and tacked each circle onto that styrofoam ball with a brad. I know there are over 100 circles on there, but don't have an exact account. At a much later date, I painted the pot and the dowel black and added a ribbon. For the pot I used some floral styrofoam to hold the dowel in place with some glue and then used white and black river rock to hold it in place. I need to mix up the river rock a little more. And then tied a white ribbon around it. I feel like it needs something else, so any suggestions are welcome!






I was super happy with the paper! I used a damask, a circle, a black with gray pinstrip, and a flower paper for my project. I think it was a good mix and I love it! Thanks Linsey for your help! You'll have to check out her blog sometime for pictures of the car seat cover. I'm sure she'll be posting them.

3 comments:

Sabra said...

It's so cute. I already gave you my suggestion of the bigger second ball underneath, but I think you don't want to punch hundreds of circles!

Linsey F said...

Oh what a wonderful and talented friend you have...you are so lucky!!! :) Riiiight! I think a second ball would be way cute. I'll make it if you want...cause I am such a good friend. (I'll post a pic of the cover eventually!)

Brenda said...

I love it! I've been wanting to make two for my Dining Room!
Thanks for the motivation! I like the black, they look sharp! I've missed you in the past month! It looks like a fun Christmas! The pictures of your kids on the couch are great! I can relate! My boys won't smile anymore! Now that we can get Brianna to smile, the boys don't want anyting to do with smiles!