Saturday, January 10, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Christmas was busy, crazy and fun! Just like all of our family activities. Paul's family was all here, and most of mine was in Yuma as well. Which makes ALL of our holidays quite hectic! So we started Christmas Eve at the Nelson's House. We did our own re-enactment of the Nativity Story, complete with Samuel the Lamanite (thanks to President Eyring, I'm sure there were a lot of families who were throwing aluminun foil rocks at their Samuels!) Riley was Mary and then Hunter played a dual role with Joseph. Our baby Jesus didn't have a manger, but he did have a shoe box! That works!



Taylor was just excited to jingle a jingle bell! She's a natural!

Then Santa took some time out of his busy schedule of delivering presents and stopped by. It took Hunter some time to want to get on Santa's Lap, but refused to tell him what he wanted. He just kept saying that we had mailed him a letter. Riley had a death grip on Grandma and wanted nothing to do with Santa AT ALL! And you can see how Taylor felt about it! She wasn't the only grandchild who felt this way!

After Santa left, we headed up to my mom's house and Santa was just leaving there. Poor Chris missed the whole thing because he had to run to the store.


Here is a picture of the grandkids, Taylor and Kyle are missing. Taylor didn't want to sit on anyone's lap, and Kyle wasn't in Yuma yet. We enjoyed some tamales! Yum! Then headed home! I of course was the one that woke up at 4am wanting to wake up the kids. Paul told me to go back to sleep. Then I got up at 6am and Paul told me to go back to sleep. Then at 7:30 he said I could go get them ! Yay! I was much more antsy then they were!


Here is what Santa brought the girls! Taylor sat in the car and just watched us open presents! She wouldn't get out! She loves it!

Hunter got all the things he asked for! Including his Nintendo DS and the Nerf Gun that shoots 3 darts per second and has a 25 dart ammo belt! (He recites the commercials for everything he wanted!) Riley got some more princess stuff and was happy!And this is what I got! I have been wanting a gemstone ring for some time now. I think they are just so cool! Paul totally surprised me and got me the one I wanted! Yay! I just have to get it sized now. Thanks Paul! Don't worry, Paul didn't do so bad himself!

Edna and Chris got us this picture of the temple that I have been wanting for over a year! I LOVE it so much. If you aren't familiar with his work, check it out! His name is John Raymond and I just love his work.
And to the rest of our families and friends that got us gifts....Thank you So much!

Christmas was fun! And I'm sad that it's all done. Riley literally cried when we took the tree down. And cried even more when we took the outside lights down. She wanted to know why Christmas had to be over. I wondered the same thing! Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Rupa said...

the ring is stunning =) and absolutely no fair the girls got that jeep..i always wanted one as a kid, all the cool kids had them..i just had to bike myself around..sad...i might come over and ride it around just to soothe my own wounds