Friday, January 9, 2009

Project One down.....257 to go!


I have been needing/wanting to for the last 10 years to organize my music. I have tons! My biggest problem is my loose music. I just had a STACK of loose music and any time I needed a song, I had to go through my huge stack and 3 magazine holders to find whatever I was looking for. So I went through and organized alphabetically all of my sheet music. I only stacked them by letter, not by title alphabetically. But that is a HUGE improvement. My ULTIMATE goal for my sheet music is to have it all indexed by title, genre, performer, author, and topic. I would love to include every song have even in all of my books! I know that's a huge task, but slowly but surely I will get it done! I filled 6 magazine holders with all of my music.
I also went through and cleaned out my living room and my family room. Down to every last drawer! That only created two more projects: 1. organize pictures 2. transfer all VHS and home videos to DVD! A project that has been on my list since last year, when Paul got me a portable DVD recorder!
I cleaned ALL of the carpets in the house as well. A project that was also 2 months overdue. So slowly but surely I am going through the house. I want to do my closet next, the kitchen (every drawer!) then the garage! But first I need to finish the office, which I have been "working on" for a week (that means I really worked on it for two days and then has sat there the rest of the week.) I'll post pictures of that project when I finish. It will be quite shocking!
But in the meantime...I start lessons again on Monday, so back to life and back to reality. I will have to put off my projects for Thursdays and Fridays. Mondays - Wednesdays will be dedicated to maintaining the regular stuff like the dishes and laundry! Ladi-freakin'-da! (does anyone else feel this way?)
**Note Why is it when I am working on a project, everything else gets neglected and then the house looks worse, and then Paul wonders if I get anything done! So then when I finally get the house clean, the project I was working on is messed up again! And the cyle continues!

2 comments:

Sabra said...

I'm proud of you! It's so tough to get the deeper things done around the house. I feel like all I do is maintain.

Tina said...

That's what kills me about these types of projects, is that they just create more projects. It's good that you got right to it with the new year...since you have 257 to go...
(I have been trying to clean my closet for about four years. I hope I really do it this year. I think there may be 257 projects just within my closet.)