Friday, May 30, 2008

Nothing like a little quiet time!!

Paul and I went to San Diego these last few days. It was so nice! We left on Tuesday morning and didn't get there until 7:30 that night! It was so nice to just take our time getting there. I stopped and got my nails done. We had lunch at Quiznos....and then we left Yuma! We stopped at Costco in El Centro....just cause we could! Then we stopped at Viejas and did some shopping there. Paul got some shirts and a leather jacket! Something that he has always wanted, but had just never bought. And if I might say...he looks rather dapper in it! We had dinner at Red Robin....we decided to do something that isn't in Yuma...we can do Olive Garden or Chilis or Applebees there. And then we watched Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. I have never seen any of the movies so that was fun for me!


Then we SLEPT IN!!!! We had ordered room service and the woke us up at 9:00am. And we didn't leave our hotel room until about 1:00pm. It was nice to not have a schedule. We then drove down to La Jolla and onto Prospect street and realized that we didn't belong there. So we went to Fashion Valley Mall (we also don't belong there) and ate at Hot Dog on a Stick. I LOVE THAT PLACE! I don't know why....but I do! And then we went to Restoration Hardware and coveted the entire store. Ok not really...but sure did make me want to buy a lot of stuff.


Then we watched Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I liked it...but hey I LOVE HARRISON FORD! I don't care how old he is. Paul on the other hand didn't like it a whole bunch....but whatever...I won't say more in case you haven't seen it.




Then we went back and got ready for dinner at Flemings. Paul and I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to everyone! We ate a lot and it was all delicious!!!!!





Then we went to bed and slept in a little bit on Thursday as well. And then we checked out of our hotel and went down and watch the San Diego Padres play the Washington Nationals. It was kind of boring...but fun. Paul and I have sunburned knees now!!! It's really quite funny. We then went to lunch at this place called "El Indio." Something we saw on the Food Network and it was really quite good. Check out their website http://www.el-indio.com/ I would definitely go back there when I am more hungry...it was good!

This is us at the Game and These were our seats!!!


We then headed home and thought to stop in Julian. FYI ---- if someone says "oh we stopped in Julian on our way home to get some pies" they are lying to you!!!!!! It's not "on the way home!" It's completely OUT of the way home. But still I'm sure I won't be complaining when I'm eating my pie. But yes it's a little farther into the mountains than Paul and I realized. We need a Garmin or something! So an hour later than we had planned on we got home to our babies!



Thank You Kira! Thank you Nana and Tata! Thank You Edna! Thanks again for helping with our kiddos! I hope it wasn't too bad!



Paul and I had a great time and are already planning on our next trip.....next year of course!

2 comments:

Steph Kjelstrom said...

Its so nice to get away...and so nice that San Diego is so dang close to you!

Amber said...

Isn't it the best to get away from the kids for a few days and remember how compatible you are with your spouse! I know we just got back from Vegas last month, but I am already ready to get away again!