Monday, May 5, 2008

Passport to your Dreams



That was the theme of the prom. I didn't make it up. But I didn't put it up in a balloon arch so don't worry!


Well we had our prom dinner last Saturday Night and it went wonderflee (as riley says). The day was a little more hectic than I had planned. You know how it goes. The stuff that should take 10 minutes took two hours and the stuff that you thought would take two hours took 10 minutes. AHHH! But thanks to my mom and dad who came over and really really helped...we got it all done. Oh and Edna thanks for ironing the table cloths and napkins! :-)


They started arriving at 7:00ish and we had them wait in the living room until it was all set-up and everyone had arrived. Then we had them walk out all together to the backyard. And this is what they had waiting for them:

Edna and I decided to use black/white and tiffany blue as the color scheme. This was the view from our back door.

Here are some close-ups:



Of course everything looked so nice once the sun had set and it wasn't so bright. But the kids were all so excited and several have still called me and told me that dinner was their favorite part of the whole night!

For dinner we served the following (this was my mock set-up the Sunday before so the plates aren't what we used for Saurday night):

The Salad was first.....followed by tri-tip, garlic herb roasted potatoes and proscuitto wrapped asparagus (which by the way teenagers don't really appreciate asaparagus or proscuitto)
and to end it all....triple chocolate cheesecake! And they are GOOOOD!



So that was our night. I am still cleaning the kitchen but only because I have been sick. Riley was sick yesterday. and now Hunter and Taylor are sick today! AHHH!!!

7 comments:

Gabriela Hull said...

Who makes up prom themes?! I'm so glad there wasn't a balloon arch involved in any way. Your table looks amazing...good job!!

Gabriela Hull said...

PS. I'm getting old....I remember when some of these kids were born!!

Tia said...

I love it, really you guys did any amazing job! I'm emailing you for more details!

Sabra said...

Beautiful! Nice work. You know I'm hard to please, so this is a big compliment! Love the color selections, the food presentation, and the table decorations. My favorite touch is the lighting! Well done.

Our World said...

How pretty!!! I shouldve had you and Paul put on prom dinner for me!

Garcias said...

That looks so nice! Bobby wants you to make him some of that food:)

megan said...

Oh wow!!! love love love the table setting...good thing Tia was already on here!