Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Riley Mackenzie & Taylor Elizabeth

Riley and Taylor both celebrated their birthdays this last week.

Taylor turned 1 on the 16th and Riley turned 4 on the 19th. We celebrated on Friday night and had cake (which only had balloons on it and not princesses because mother-of-the-year didn't order one beforehand) and had some family over. Paul's parents were out of town and so were Edna and Chris, so it was just my parents and Griscel and Erik. It was nice.

So Riley - I am grateful she is a part of our family. She is my girly-girl. Loves pink, purple, princesses and dolls. She is sort of a drama/diva type girl....likes things done her way, doesn't want to help clean, purposely gets on her brother's nerves....but that's all normal right?!?!?! She is really sweet though and loves to just sit with me and give me hugs and kisses. She is really good about being quiet and content when Taylor is sleeping, which is a HUGE help to me! And lately she talks to us in this robot voice...and it's really funny. I LOVE YOU RILEY!!!


Taylor - I can't beleive she is only 1!!! It seems like much longer, but at the same time it has gone by so fast! My baby girl only has one tooth! Which is very odd to me because both Hunter and Riley had 2 teeth by the time they were 4 months and all of their teeth by the time they were one! The ironic thing about that is Hunter and Riley HATED to eat. They were content with their milk. Taylor on the other hand loves a good peice of steak and will eat anything I put in front of her...with her one tooth! Taylor weighed 17.1 at her one year appointment. Another funny thing because I thought she was HUGE. Riley weighed 17.3 at her one year and I remember thinking she was just so petite. I think Riley was longer though...I'll have to look back on their lengths. Right now Taylor just loves to crawl and is trying to walk and is just content crawling around and looking for something else to put in her mouth. She takes a 3 or 4 hour nap and sleep 12 hours at night! I LOVE YOU TAYLOR!!!!



Just some pictures of my girls:

Riley with her balloon and not princess cake

Taylor being held by Nana....her hair is a mess

Taylor semi-enjoying her piece of cake

Riley with the dollhouse she got for her birthday. She didn't want to go to sleep!!


Hunter, Taylor and Riley with their swimsuits on ready to go 'enjoy' the hot weather we had on monday and tuesday. Edna got Riley her new Ariel swimsuit...which she is wearing right now as I type this. And Taylor go that bathing suit for her birthday as well. She looked really really cute in it!

2 comments:

The McEwen Family said...

Happy birthday to you two little ones! I hope they had a great birthday! Don't worry about Taylor with her one tooth Madison is 14 months and she only has 4 teeth!

Chredna said...

Happy birthday girlies!!! Ryan and Reagan just LOVE Riley and Taylor. ;) You know we're going to be over lots playing with that dollhouse.