Friday, May 30, 2008

6 Produce Seasons = CRAZY!

When Paul and I were in San Diego and talking about stuff in General. We started trying to remember events that happened each year since we were married. Paul of course can only remember that we got married, but I on the other hand could do a pretty good synopsis of our 9 married years and 11 dating years.

One of the things we realized is that as of June 1st he will have been with D'Arrigo Brothers for 6 years! It doesn't feel that long at all! But like the title says...it also means we have been thru 6 produce seasons. I know for some of you that doesn't mean anything....but it means CRAZY here at our house. I have never actually kept track of his hours that he works during produce season but it's ridiculous. Of course come summer time he has a regular 8 - 4 job. Three weeks off. But during produce season.....I never know when he'll be home. If he'll get called out at night. If there will be problems at the cooler..... If they have transplants. He has never been on a vacation with us during the months of September thru April. I have been to Disneyland about 20 times with out him. Just me and the kids. Or we just go visit my sisters....but he stays home and thinks about Produce. That part does suck!

But the best thing about it is.....Paul love his job! Even for all the days he wishes he could have a regular 8 - 5 job sitting at a desk in a suit....I know he would hate it after a day. He loves the green of a field, the smell of broccoli, the crisp of a lettuce....he loves it all!

So my friends....I now say "EAT PRODUCE!" Paul and I have a rule that we always order a Salad wherever we go. Just trying to support the cause. And if you ever eat at Cheesecake Factory or Outback Steakhouse you are most likely eating something Paul has helped grow. And if you ever see something called broccoli rabe or fennel ....paul probably also helped with that. If you buy a pink Andy Boy bag of romaine hearts at Costco....also Paul. Well it's not just Paul....you know what I mean!

So thanks AndyBoy! We love you!
www.andyboy.com

2 comments:

Amber said...

Okay so this has nothing to do with this post, (although I should be commenting on it because I think your husband is a crazy hard worker whom, from the sounds of it, works so much I think he is crazy!) but tell me if my memory serves me correctly. Will you and Edna be yet another year older on Monday? Every year since I left Yuma, I always think of you two on June 2nd. But then lately I have wondered if I even have an accurate recollection of your exact birthday. So tell me I'm not crazy and you are in fact celebrating a b-day in 2 days!!

Amber said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you have a great day!